Merc Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to our guild forums!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Thor Break Off

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Meiring
Officer
Meiring

Thor Break Off Empty
PostSubject: Thor Break Off   Thor Break Off I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 12:38 pm

This is taken from Nexon's forums, for anyone who doesn't bother reading them.

Posted by IohannaFiona:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Break Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AycxlKG0KgA

Video Description

Ok I know there are several Thor break off videos out there. But what I am to do is to *really* guide you (my esteemed watcher) through the break-off process. Hopefully once this gets around, every pick-up group out there will be breaking Very Happy.

===GENERAL IDEA===
Freeze, chain-chain, break.

===FREEZE=== During cutscene, nobody move. Once the battle starts, Evie moves forward and casts ice-spear on Thor.

Note: We once experienced a period where Thor refused to freeze up. Then Karm lowered his int stat, and Thor started freezing again. Don't know how that works, but just an FYI.

===CHAIN-CHAIN===
Immediately after freeze, chainers need to chain. Aim for the tip of the mouth. Don't worry about aiming, it'll stick as long as it's somewhere around the upper 1/3rd of the mouth. You're more likely to miss because you took too long to aim (and let the Thor swing his head), as opposed to actually missing the chain-point.

When you've stuck on, YOU MUST PULL BACK. Now, this is what I wish the other break-off videos told you; all you have to do is tap your 'back' button (should be 's' on keyboard-mouse setup) periodically, and that counts as 'pulling back'. All too often, people will hold down 's' and end up too far away to re-chain. Tapping will allow you to release your chain closer to his mouth.

Your job as a chainer is to pay attention to your position, and your chain. Adjust yourself in a nice position to re-chain. Watch your chain so you know when to pick up your chain and start chaining again.

===BREAK===
If you hit the mouth, THE CHAINS WILL RELEASE. Evie's fireball and mana mine AOEs do not count as a 'hit' (as long as the first hit was on the tongue, you'll be fine), so avoiding the mouth is easier than you think.

The tongue will flail around. Lann and Fiona's charged attacks are nice cause you can time your release. The Epic Torches lying around HELP A LOT, but it might take some effort to smash something that's flailing around.

Sometimes an Evie goes behind Thor and casts ice spear. Usually this stops the flailing, but it *could* freeze the tongue in an uncomfortable position. Hopefully you've got a pro-evie who knows how to time it.

Happy breaking! Special thanks to my guildies at Samsara who regularly break with me XD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd really like for us to get a group to try this out together. This is one of the few things in this game that requires some group-wide coordination above the level of palala-spamming. In addition, prospective guild recruits sometimes see Thor break offs as a standard mark of group cohesion.

Besides that, I still need the BP for break off cause I've never done it Razz
Back to top Go down
Allunia
Guild Master
Allunia

Thor Break Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thor Break Off   Thor Break Off I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 12:44 pm

Great guide Meiring!

This will help us noobs that are just getting to lvl 60.

I am looking forward to Thor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/guildmw/merc-wild
Meiring
Officer
Meiring

Thor Break Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thor Break Off   Thor Break Off I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 12:49 pm

You're quick with those section moves lol
Just wanna clarify I didn't write any of it, it's all hers/his.

If you're already level 60 you could unlock Thor before Titan, since the string of prerequisites is a lot shorter for Thor. (Where the Sun Doesn't Shine/Give a Begger a Coin -> Taking Initiative -> Thor, as opposed to ... I don't even remember what it is for Titan, I just know it's far longer)

No one wants Titan's drops anymore anyway Razz
Back to top Go down

Thor Break Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thor Break Off   Thor Break Off I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 12:54 pm

I think we should actually seriously go for Thor's break off at some point. We've only had MeApple and Panda give it a go without seriously trying to do it.

Seriously.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thor Break Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thor Break Off   Thor Break Off I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thor Break Off
Page 1 of 1