Merc Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to our guild forums!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Staff Evie Survival : The Giant (Titan)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Meiring
Officer
Meiring

Staff Evie Survival : The Giant (Titan) Empty
PostSubject: Staff Evie Survival : The Giant (Titan)   Staff Evie Survival : The Giant (Titan) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 4:47 am

Some notes on Titan!

Titan is a special case for Staff Evies in that Titan can destroy Mana Amber rather easily. Be careful; I'd strongly recommend making an attempt to dodge before locking yourself in Amber.

Staff Titan Solo video (Part 1):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgg3IrUo6bU
Hopefully you can glean some things off of the video, I always play in the smallest resolution window and record at half of that resolution. I could increase the resolutions, but I forget to change the settings every time.

Titan Attacks:
1. 3-hit Charge
2. 2-step Attack
3. Right Stomp
4. Left Kick
5. Directional Sweep
6. Spear Throw

General Ideas:
-Palalas are nice for interrupting his rage attacks.
-Try to stay in the center of the map, for your safety and for the convenience of whoever is doing ballistas.
-Break off is the ankle guard on the back of his left ankle.
-You don't need to move that much to dodge the spear throw; take care not to drag the spears into other players.
-Titan will NOT tolerate you repairing equipment. Do it at your own risk. He also hates people who drink potions.
-If you're hit with weakness, start spamming spacebar and get out of there.

Dealing with the Titan's Attacks:
1. 3-hit Charge
Titan leans forward, then swings his right arm down and across. He then swings his left arm, then punches the ground with his right arm. Getting hit by this attack will almost certainly break all of your shields and will give you the Weakness debuff, which sets your stamina to 0 for a few seconds. If you just died during Titan, it's probably this attack that killed you. There are 3 main ways to avoid it:

-Pass Titan on his right (Your left). You'll see this a lot in Titan solo videos, and it works just as well in party play. This will probably become your preferred method of dodgin this attack, but it requires you to stay somewhat near Titan at all times. If you're close enough you can run by him comfortably. If you think you're going to get hit, hop, or preferably, Sparrow, so you can do damage at the same time. It does a little more damage than a single Magic Arrow. If you just sprinted, you'll have enough time to Ice Spear.

-Run away from the first two hits, then jump right to dodge or Amber the last hit. Works best if you're far away.

-Use amber. This is risky because getting hit by all 3 hits with amber might get you killed. Jump forward/right into the first attack and amber, or jump forward and left into the second hit and amber. That way, you'll get knocked away from Titan so you won't get hit more than once.

The time after this attack gives you the longest window to do whatever you want. Ice Spear, Firebolt, Magic Arrow spam, etc. Just note that you'll need to approach him again if you want to be in Magic Arrow range. Use a Magic Arrow Cancel to hop towards him immediately after dodging

2. 2-step Attack
Titan flails his arms above his head, then takes two long steps forward, first with the right foot, then with the left. This is another attack that can give people trouble, but it shouldn't be anywhere near as problematic as the first attack. If you're around a Magic Arrow's length away from him when he starts the attack, do some running to avoid the first foot. After that, you can:

-Run around his right foot after it lands
-Hop forward/left. Very safe.
-Hop forward/right, through his legs. Less safe, but you might want to do it if hopping left would put you near a wall.

If you're too close to avoid the first foot, jump through his legs as the attack starts. Doing that gets some getting used to, though. It'll only work if you're right in front of him as he raises his arms.

There isn't much of an opening after dodging this attack, just fit in whatever Magic Arrows you can.

3. Right Stomp
Titan lifts his right foot, knee bent, then stomps down, hitting a small area. Move right and away to avoid it. You can start charging Firebolt as soon as you get clear of his foot, but be ready for a Left kick, which often follows this attack. It's important not to assume he'll Left Kick every time, though. On rare occasions, he will use a different attack, in which case you'll need to react quickly.

4. Left Kick
He'll adjust his hips then kick with his left foot. The kick will go to your left, so move away and to the right. You can Firebolt after this attack too, if it's not on cooldown.

5. Directional Sweep
Titan twists in one direction, then sweeps with both hands across his body. Move away and in the direction that he twists; stay away from the direction he's sweeping towards.

6. Spear Throw
Titan reaches down to grab a spear, raises it above his head, then throws it down at his target. If you see him turned to you while doing this, assume the target is you. Moving a lot while he is aiming will increase the spread of the spears; if you stay still while he aims, the spread won't be as wide. Mana Mine->Sparrow works nicely for this, as it provides a sudden burst of movement from a stationary position, in addition to damaging Titan, but if you're not feeling up to it, a hop works fine. I've had some bad luck hopping to the right, so I always hop to the left. I'm not sure if there's a difference, try it out a couple of times and see how it works for you.

Last edited by Meiring on Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:38 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Allunia
Guild Master
Allunia

PostSubject: Re: Staff Evie Survival : The Giant (Titan)   Staff Evie Survival : The Giant (Titan) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 9:11 am

This helped me a lot. I did Titan last night and died probably 3-4 times as an Evie...embarrassing lol hopefully I'll take this guide to heart and have the upper hand...although Titan has the upper hand...lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/guildmw/merc-wild
Allunia
Guild Master
Allunia

PostSubject: Re: Staff Evie Survival : The Giant (Titan)   Staff Evie Survival : The Giant (Titan) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 11:30 am

WOW great soloing video Meiring!
Back to top Go down
IriaWinds

IriaWinds

PostSubject: Re: Staff Evie Survival : The Giant (Titan)   Staff Evie Survival : The Giant (Titan) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 2:06 pm

Dear Lord it's so long F me if I ever get that high....
Back to top Go down
Allunia
Guild Master
Allunia

PostSubject: Re: Staff Evie Survival : The Giant (Titan)   Staff Evie Survival : The Giant (Titan) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 2:08 pm

hahaha
Back to top Go down
Meiring
Officer
Meiring

PostSubject: Re: Staff Evie Survival : The Giant (Titan)   Staff Evie Survival : The Giant (Titan) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 11:14 pm

Thanks, the battle took forever. Hopefully you guys can get something from a raw video, I've seen some really great video guides that showed all of the attacks in slow motion with subtitles but I don't know how to (or to be honest.. too lazy to Razz) do that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Staff Evie Survival : The Giant (Titan)   Staff Evie Survival : The Giant (Titan) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Staff Evie Survival : The Giant (Titan)
Page 1 of 1