Merc Wild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to our guild forums!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The lowdown on Dragon Nest-Warrior POV

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lyfos
Officer
Lyfos

The lowdown on Dragon Nest-Warrior POV Empty
PostSubject: The lowdown on Dragon Nest-Warrior POV   The lowdown on Dragon Nest-Warrior POV I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 1:07 pm

First off, not a kiddy game. Elves dance like sexy little thangs.

Played up until level 10 on warrior, and I gotta tell you, this game is a real competitor with Vindictus.

I'm sure everyone who was interested in this game looked at the gameplay videos but I'll do a breakdown of interesting mechanics:

Combat: Very much like Vindictus'. You have a zoomed out over the shoulder view of your character. Left click is basic attack, right click is special. What really shines about this combat system however is the chainability of the attacks to skills, which are on a hotbar. You can use pretty much any skill in the middle of a combo, back to back, which will juggle opponents like a bad habit during rehab.
-Contextual specials can also be preformed by Warriors-and other classes maybe, but I haven't played them- against downed and stunned opponents. In the beginning these attacks will be just a elbow drop to a downed opponent or a regular side kick to a stunned one, but they can be trained to be heaver hitters at reasonable levels. The elbow drop becomes a stab, a stunned opponent gets lauched in the air;ect.

Skills: THE ONE THING I MUST MENTION IS THAT YOU CAN FIND SKILL BOOKS IN DUNGEONS! That means no having to buy them from a trainer and the ability to learn them on the spot in combat. Otherwise you have a nice solid array of them, ranging from charges to multiple hit slashes.

Day to day bullcrap: You can run around town at your leisure, taking multiple quests from people, but usually not multiple from the same person. Repairing is done by blacksmith NPCs and so is enhancing/crafting, usual stuff. I'll add more as I think of it.

Friendship system: You can make friends with NPCs which will allow you to get bonuses and perhaps items from them whenever you visit. Sometimes the NPCs you make friends with will want to stab another NPC in the face, so befriending that one will make the previous hate you.

Dungeons: No boats, that's pretty sweet, I hated that wait to launch the damn thing. Right now it appears that your party meets up in town using a list/randomly selecting and then goes off to great adventure. There is, at my count, a bazzillon dungeons to do, all with multiple quests and,get this, a EXP estimator! It'll tell you how much EXP you'll get just for completing it in bar form, showing you the approximation of how much you have to do to level.

Again I state that if I think of/discover something else interesting I'll add it.
Back to top Go down
Lyfos
Officer
Lyfos

PostSubject: Re: The lowdown on Dragon Nest-Warrior POV   The lowdown on Dragon Nest-Warrior POV I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 2:03 am

News Flash to me, no one gives a shit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The lowdown on Dragon Nest-Warrior POV   The lowdown on Dragon Nest-Warrior POV I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 8:27 pm

Honestly, I don't. I can't deal with the game's graphics.

I'm usually not one to care about graphics, but Fisher Price games aren't for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The lowdown on Dragon Nest-Warrior POV   The lowdown on Dragon Nest-Warrior POV I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The lowdown on Dragon Nest-Warrior POV
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Merc Wild :: General Discussion :: Unrelated Topics-
Jump to: